Julie Chiu is a commercial real estate attorney whose practice includes all aspects of commercial real estate development and lending. She has extensive experience in a variety of complex real estate transactions and related matters, including the formation of ownership entities, and the planning, acquisition, development, management, financing, leasing, and sale of commercial real estate projects. She has handled many cell tower leasing and sale transactions. She is also familiar with land use issues, including rezoning and subdivision matters. She has worked with clients and local counsels in numerous states in various acquisition, financing and leasing transactions.
Ms. Chiu has been recognized as a North Carolina Super Lawyer in Real Estate Law.
Ms. Chiu was a member of The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Planning Commission.
- Chairwoman, July 2006 to June 2007
- Executive Committee, July 2004 to June 2007
- Member, Dec. 2001 to June 2007
Ms. Chiu was a member of the Board of Trustees of Charlotte Latin School from 2010 to 2014.
Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A., Charlotte, NC (1993-2006)
Shareholder (1998 – 2006)
Heller Herman LLP, San Francisco, CA (1989-1993)
Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1988
Fulbright Scholar, Stockholm University
Diploma in Post-Graduate Legal Studies, with distinction, 1989
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with highest honors, 1984
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Order of the Golden Fleece
- Terry Sanford Award for Excellence in Political Science
- Member, North Carolina Competency Test Commission
North Carolina (1994)
Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating*: AV Rated.
* CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., and are used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.